- WATCH: Can't Go Back
- WATCH: Secure
- WATCH AND LISTEN: New Radio Spot
- Youth Unemployment Hits 52-Year Low
- The Journey Begins
- Small business optimism at 35-year high
- Annual Feast of Caring brings community together, raises awareness of hunger
- Sheriff's association awards 6 scholarships
- U.S. Small-Business Owners' Optimism at Record High
- Unemployment for post-9/11 vets hits record low
- U.S. gains 157,000 jobs in July as unemployment falls to 3.9%
- Get more news articles
It's Christmas time in the city of Waco!
Ready for Christmas: Waco Wonderland kicks off holiday celebrations downtown
Carl Hoover | Waco Tribune
Signs of Christmas have been in Waco stores for weeks, if not months, but the Waco Christmas season gets officially launched this weekend with downtown Waco’s Waco Wonderland, amplified by other downtown-area Christmas celebrations.
This year’s Wonderland, held at Heritage Square, features some notable changes from the past three, starting with a Snow Tube Hill replacing the artificial ice skating rink of previous years. The number of people skating had started to drop off over time, leading organizers to turn to something new, said Jonathan Cook, the city’s community promotions specialist.
“It’s an event that’s constantly evolving, but downtown has changed a lot in the last three years,” he said.