- Bulletproof vest saves second Brazos Valley officer
- Lil' Wranglers
- Ready for Christmas: Waco Wonderland kicks off holiday celebrations downtown
- Moody police chief resigns
- West celebrates another step on the way to recovery
- James Show: Bill Flores Update
- Trump puts companies on notice with Carrier deal
- Congressman Bill Flores on WTAW
- EPA releases final 2017 renewable fuel quotas, draws industry fire
- Bill Flores, guest columnist: GOP Congress has high expectations to restore confidence in America
- Flores Discusses Earmarks on America's News HQ
- Bryan school district may seek District of Innovation tag
- Get more news articles
It's Christmas time in the city of Waco!
Ready for Christmas: Waco Wonderland kicks off holiday celebrations downtown
Carl Hoover | Waco Tribune
Signs of Christmas have been in Waco stores for weeks, if not months, but the Waco Christmas season gets officially launched this weekend with downtown Waco’s Waco Wonderland, amplified by other downtown-area Christmas celebrations.
This year’s Wonderland, held at Heritage Square, features some notable changes from the past three, starting with a Snow Tube Hill replacing the artificial ice skating rink of previous years. The number of people skating had started to drop off over time, leading organizers to turn to something new, said Jonathan Cook, the city’s community promotions specialist.
“It’s an event that’s constantly evolving, but downtown has changed a lot in the last three years,” he said.